Grilling delicious barbecue at home is always a good idea when it comes to having fun with family and friends. Getting a charcoal grill is the best way to ensure that your grilled food is enriched with flavor and wholesomeness. Surely, every person who has ever had an experience with grilling food will agree that charcoal grills are much better than gas or electric grill because even if they are easy to use, the best smoky barbecue flavor is only ever achieved by grilling food in a charcoal grill. These grills burn charcoal to envelop the heat and smoke inside the meat to make it more delicious.
If you are one of those people who want to have the best charcoal grill under 200 dollars, you must be looking for all the options in the market. Here is a thorough review and buying guide of the best charcoal grills that you can get under 200 dollars.
Top 10 Best Charcoal Grill Under 200
|Weber original||Check Price||4.9/5|
|Royal Gourmet CD1824A||Check Price||4.9/5|
|Cuisinart CCG190RB||Check Price||4.8/5|
|Weber 14402001||Check Price||4.8/5|
|Oklahoma Joe's Rambler||Check Price||4.8/5|
|Weber 121020||Check Price||4.7/5|
|BEAU JARDIN||Check Price||4.7/5|
|Char-Broil Kettleman||Check Price||4.7/5|
|The Original Po' Man||Check Price||4.6/5|
|Char-Griller E06614||Check Price||4.6/5|
- Dimensions: 18 x 18 x 28 inches
- Material: Porcelain enameled Lid and bowl
- 22 inches diameter + 7.5-inch lid height
- Built-in lid thermometer
- Lid hook to keep the lid off the ground even during grilling
- One-touch cleaning system
- Hassle-free ash cleanup with high capacity ash catcher
- Rust and peel resistant
- Lid retains heat
- Aluminum dampers provide precision heat control
- 2 wheeled, 3 legged construction
- Weight: 32.3 Lbs.
- COLOR: Black
This best charcoal grill under 200 is also the best adjustable grill on the market. The standard size and design of this spherical kettle allow this best BBQ grill under 200 a wide space for grilling. This best inexpensive charcoal grill is perfect for your outdoor BBQ parties and camping trips.
The best thing about this large charcoal grill is that it has a hinged cooking grate which you can easily push back to add more charcoal. This also makes coal and ash cleaning easy.
The strong build of this good charcoal grill is designed with the purpose to serve you for years. It is durable and highly convenient.
- Material: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: 50 x 22 x 48.8 inches
- Cooking surface: 598 square inches
- 393 sq. inches cooking grates with porcelain enamel steel wiring
- 205 sq. inches warming rack with chrome steel wiring
- Lid mounted temperature gauge
- Charcoal pan with holes to enhance the airflow
- Removable ashtray
- Easy 6 level charcoal pan adjustment for heat control
- 4 legged, 2 wheeled design
- 2 side tables
- 2 side dampers
- Color: Black
If you are looking for the best charcoal grills under 200 that are perfect for your back patio and camping, this best-rated charcoal grill should be your first consideration. The design of this best-rated charcoal grill allows it to be stored easily when not in use. The stainless steel build is high quality and durable.
The sturdy and versatile build of this best grill under 200 dollars allows you to manage the charcoal easily when grilling the meat via the door. The six height adjustment options allow you to control the heat levels of the cooking. The smokestack of this best charcoal barbecue grill has added control which makes it user-friendly.
- 150 square inch cooking surface
- 14 inches diameter
- Dimensions: 14.5” x 14.5” x 15”
- Even an efficient heat distribution
- Chrome-plated grate
- Enamel coated ash catcher and firebox
- Dual vent system for temperature control and charcoal management
- Three secure locks on lid for easy portability
- Lightweight and compact
- Ideal for patios, decks, balconies, and camping
- 3 legged design
- Color: Red
This best budget charcoal grill is the most inexpensive charcoal grill you can get with the best quality and performance. This high-quality charcoal grill is perfect for picnic, tailgating, and camping as it has a tabletop design and very reasonable size. The size and weight of this best cheap charcoal grill make it easily portable and the setup only takes a minute, so you can start the grill instantly without putting loads of work into setup.
One drawback of being a reasonable-sized cheap charcoal grill is that it has a relatively small cooking surface yet the other features of this grill make it best for outdoor barbecue parties.
- Material: Aluminized steel
- Dimensions: 39.5 inches x 22.5 inches x 27 inches
- 22-inch diameter
- Porcelain-enameled bowl and lid
- Rust-resistant aluminum dampers
- 363 square inch cooking area
- One-touch cleaning system with aluminum ash catcher
- Plated steel hinged cooking grate
- 3 legged, 2 wheels
- Glass infused nylon handles with tool hooks
- Color: copper
- Weight: 32.3 pounds
This is one of the best top-rated charcoal grills in the market. The area that this best charcoal grill under 200 provides is wide enough for you to grill meat for all your friends and family. The build quality of this best kettle grill is also great which makes it the best charcoal grill.
The porcelain-enameled bowl in this best grill under 200 is designed to retain heat so your food stays hot even after the grill has been turned off. You can easily clean the grill with its one-touch clean system and the high capacity, removable ash catcher ensures that you have a mess-free clean grill.
- 218 square inch cooking space
- Built-in temperature gauge
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Large removable ash pan
- Thick cast iron grates make perfect sears
- Easily adjustable height of Charcoal tray on 3 levels
- Sturdy handles for easy transport
- Accurate airflow control with large air dampers
- Four-legged design
- Color: black
- Dimensions: 26.7 x 19.5 x 21.8 inches
- Weight: 48.5 lbs.
This high-quality best charcoal grill under 200 dollars is perfect for camping and tailgating. The half drum barrel shape of this best budget charcoal grill provides you wide enough space to cook 10 burgers at the same time. Simultaneously, the size of this charcoal grill is only big enough that you can carry it and transport it anywhere in your car. These features make it one of the best-rated charcoal grills.
The construction of this best large charcoal grill is durable and long-lasting. There are no thin legs that can cause a problem during camping barbecue parties. The cast-iron grates in this grill allow perfect searing of patty and steaks.
- 10 square inch cooking area
- Plated steel, durable cooking grate
- Porcelain-enameled base and lid
- Retains heat, peel, and rust-resistant
- Lockable lid for easy portability
- Lightweight and compact design
- Fold-down legs (also functions as lock mechanism)
- Easy temperature control via dampers
- Dimensions: 12.2” x 21” x 14.5”
- Weight: 14 lbs.
- Color: black
This best charcoal grill under $100 has a beautiful design that looks more like a chafing dish or a fishing tackle box at a first glance. The ultra-compact design with a rectangle shape makes this best cheap charcoal grill perfectly portable. You can put this small-sized best charcoal grill under 100 in the back of your car to use it on camping trips and on-the-go barbecue parties.
The lid in this best charcoal grill under 200 can be locked so you can easily transport the grill. The aluminum dampers used in this best inexpensive charcoal grill are placed to allow you to control the temperature in the grill easily.
- 5-inch diameter, 24-inch high cooking grate
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl
- Retains heat, rust, and peel resistant
- The lid hook helps to keep the lid off the ground while cooking
- One-touch cleaning system
- Ash catcher provides mess-free cleaning
- Aluminum dampers for even heat control
- Handles on cooking grate to easily manage charcoals
- 2 wheeled, 4 legged design
- Color: black
- Weight: 14 lbs.
- Dimensions: 18 inch x 18 inch x 28 inches
- 90 days warranty
With spacious cooking space, this is the best charcoal grill under 200 you can get anywhere. The four-legged design makes it a steady grill and the two wheels make this grill easily portable.
The best thing about this best large charcoal grill is that it can be transported anywhere with ease. So now, you get an on-the-go grill to enjoy barbecues with your friends and family. This best budget charcoal grill is perfect for camping and outdoor barbecues.
- 360 square inch cooking surface
- 5-inch diameter
- Porcelain-coated cooking grate
- Mounted temperature gauge for easy temperature monitoring
- Hinged lid for ease of operation
- Easy clean up with removable ash bowl
- Works with fewer charcoals than other grills
- Dimensions: 29.9 x 27.4 x 14.8 inches
- Color: black
- 10 years warranty
If you are looking for your ultimate backyard barbecue grill, then this best inexpensive charcoal grill is perfect for you. With a 360 square inch large cooking area, this best charcoal grill under 200 is rust-resistant. The grill is designed so that food can’t fall through the cooking grate.
This best-rated charcoal grill has a porcelain-coated lid and bowl which retains heat to keep your food warm even when the grill is turned off. This keeps your food fresh for a long period of time.
The infrared system in this best grill under 200 ensures that your food cooks evenly. It also provides the best temperature control. The large dampers provide a continuous airflow in the grill so the heat levels are maintained according to the requirement of the food.
- 18-inch diameter
- 23-inch tall high cooking can without the lid
- Dimensions: 16 x 16 x 21 inches
- 1 round grate needs to be put inside the grill
- Drip plate to keep the Smokey flavor intact
- The drip plate also keeps the can clean from any oils and drippings
- Large can with huge capacity
- Handles on each side to manage the grill easily
- Instructed accurate cooking time for every type and cut of meat
- Color: black
- Weight: 20 pounds
The Po man’s grill doesn’t fall short of any expectations despite its unique design. This best charcoal grill under 200 which looks like a trash can is made out of highly durable rolled steel and stainless metal which ensures its high quality. The grill comes with many accessories which need to be assembled beforehand. There is a large can, a grill stand, a round grate, and two meat skewers. The best BBQ grill under 200 also has a drip plate that locks the flavor in the meat and doesn’t let the tin get splashed with drippings.
There are handles on each side of the can so you get to manage the grill easily. The assembly is very easy and the grill is spacious enough to accommodate a large gathering of people.
This best charcoal barbecue grill comes with instructions explaining the time each type and cut of meat should be cooked to. You can have the best-cooked meat at your barbecue parties.
- 153 square inch primary cooking surface area
- Dimensions: 20.5 inches x 21.5 inches x 25.3 inches
- Kamado styles grills
- The enhanced flavor and even heating
- Air dampers on top and bottom for precise temperature control
- Easy dump ash pan for a fast clean up
- More grilling with less charcoal
- Lightweight, durable, and affordable than other grills
- Dual airflow dampers
- Heat gauge to monitor the temperature
- The hinged cooking lid keeps the lid off the ground
- Handles provide convenient portability and ease of management
- Insulated Triple wall steel for a superior grilling experience
- Color: red
- Weight: 37 pounds
If you are someone who likes to cook different grilled dishes at barbecue parties, then this Kamado style best charcoal grill under 200 is perfect for you. The triple-walled 22 gauge steel ensures the longevity of the grill. The powder-coated exterior finishing makes this grill attractive. The interior finish of this best grill under 200 is porcelain coated which retains heat and keeps your food warm.
This grill has a large cooking area with a temperature gauge which helps to monitor the cooking temperature. The dump ash pan helps to clean the grill easily.
Best Charcoal Grill under 200 Dollars Buying Guide:
Deciding on which type of grill you want to buy for your BBQ parties can be a really time taking process. With countless options available, having second thoughts about buying a charcoal or gas grill is normal. Yet if you really want the best barbecue taste, a charcoal grill would be the best option as it uses coals as the main fuel which has many benefits.
Here are some of the main important things that need to be considered when buying a grill.
When you first tell yourself, “ok! I have to buy a grill for my home”, the first thing that comes to your mind will be what type of grill? Should it be a grill that uses propane or charcoal? What will be the different features of these grills and which one will suit your home and barbecue needs?
It mainly depends on your cooking style and your comfort level. If you want an easy-going grill, you will want to go for a gas-operated grill. But if you want to do the extra effort to really enjoy the flavor you paid for, a charcoal grill will be worth every effort.
Even though a gas grill is more convenient it can be expensive to use propane as fuel for cooking or grilling. And the propane grills are hardly convenient for camping trips or on-the-go BBQ parties. So these grills have to be connected to a pipeline all the time, you might not be able to move them much.
Using a charcoal grill will not only be cheaper, but this will also result in the best portable option. Yes, refilling all the time can be messier, but the taste! It will really make you forget all the hard work you have done for the perfect food you get at the end.
The size of the grill matter when you consider the company you will have over for your barbecue parties. If you are going to have a small family dinner, you can have a grill that allows you to cook just enough.
But if you are going to have large get-to-gathers more often, a BBQ grill that has 400-500 square inches is what you will need. Some BBQ grills have two or three levels on which you can put the meat to cook large quantities of food at the same time. You can consider these options as well.
From the materials used in construction, to the design and size of the grill, everything matters when you consider that you are going to pay 100 to 200 dollars for this. Some charcoal grills have double steel construction while others are built from aluminum and even though this doesn’t matter much if the grill is providing good performance, it can affect the longevity of the grill.
While some grills are stationary with 4 small legs, others have wheels that you can use to move them from one place to another. Many grills also have foldable legs which help to store them easily.
When you consider your lifestyle, all these small things will make big difference.
Cleaning the grill is a tiresome process. Nowadays, charcoal grills have dust and ash pans built inside that can catch all the ash to make the cleaning process easier. But the drippings from the meat can be really hard to clean as well. So a grill that has drip pan is always better as they don’t require thorough cleaning very often.
Bowl and lid:
A large bowl allows you to put large size food inside it. It really helps when you want to make roast chicken or large steaks. So considering the size of the bowl should be an important factor.
Some charcoal grills have large dome-shaped lids that accommodate big-sized meat cooking, others might not have large grills. You need to consider this too before buying.
A heavy-weight grill might look like a durable and well-built grill, but this can be a problem when you have to move this kind of grill. If you are considering taking your barbecue grill with you on camping, consider getting a grill that is lighter in weight. Lightweight grills will need extra maintenance, as they can have a chance of rusting and peeling when left outdoor, but with a little care, you can use these grills for a long time.
There are many good charcoal grills in the market that claim to be the best. Many of these grills under 200 provide you with standard performances yet they can lack the best features. To find the best deals on charcoal grills, there is lots of research involved. If you look for the best charcoal grill under 200 in the market keeping in mind our buying guide, you will be able to find some best charcoal grills. To make things easier for you, we have already done a thorough research and put some of the best top-rated charcoal grills in front of you.
These charcoal grills have different features that accommodate the different requirements of all grill lovers. The one thing common in all these grills is that they are all built with the best materials. All these grills have the best user reviews so the surety of these grills providing you with amazing performance is guaranteed. All that is left is for you is to look for the features you want in your charcoal grill and then go for it. You won’t be disappointed with your choice. Happy shopping!